Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 2012...Swimming lessons and Soccer



Swimming Lessons were a highlight for all four kids this year.  We started the 2nd week in July and went for three weeks.  They learned so much and are becoming great swimmers(they can swim better then me)  Our swimming teacher Laurie Kearsley is so amazing.  I looking forward to take my swimming lessons soon!
Mallory and Mckenna love swimming!

Mckenna was alittle nervous at first, but once she warmed up....she loved it.

Madelyn has never liked the water.  She is used to our hot tub so the water is always too cold for her.  Laurie really worked with her and Madelyn actually really liked it.

This is the only picture I have of Mckenna playing soccer.  I was out of commission most of her soccer/baseball season.  Mallory I didn't get a single picture.....bad mom!

Funny Story:  Madelyn was coloring on the bench by our table.  All the sudden we heard a huge, loud bang sound, followed by a loud scream.  As a mom I can usually tell the cries of my kids.   There are fake cries, hurt cries, tired cries and so on.  When Madelyn started crying I could tell that she was really hurt.  At the time it happened I was pumping and Jake was on a important phone call.  It took me a minute to get to her.  By the time I got to her, her foot was very swollen and already black and blue.  She was in pain and crying uncontrollably.  We took her to the urgent care.  They x-rayed it and it looked fine, but needed the swelling to go down.  They sent us home with this walking cast.  She thought it was cool.  She looked so cute walking around in it.  She wore it for a couple days until we heard from the doctor to tell us it wasn't broke.  We were so glad that it wasn't because our life was already crazy with a newborn baby and baseball!


We went and visited Nikki Sue and Family.  They had a very nice swimming pool.  They had so much fun swimming.  Nikki and I had a great time just relaxing by the pool!

No comments: