Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mallory says the darnest things!








































Mallory is such a funny 4 year old. She is constantly making us laugh. Mallory comes up with the funniest things!



  • The other day we were driving down the road. Mallory points outside and says, "Jesus died on those things" It took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about, but I looked and the telephone poles looked like a cross. Then she proceeded to tell me that Jesus died for both you and me.
  • The other night while I was washing Mallory's hair in the bath tub, she laid her head back and I poured water on her head. She looks up at me and says "you just married me. " I looked at her with a real confused look. Mallory then said "Oh I mean baptized me." I laughed and tried to explain about the priesthood to her and only boys have the priesthood. Then with a excited face she said,Oh so Jace can baptize Jackson.(side note- Mallory is convinced that we will be having a baby boy named, Jackson come to our family. She told someone the other day at church that her Mom was going to have a baby and his name is Jackson. I keep reminding Mallory that Mommy is not having baby for awhile, but when I do we aren't sure it will be a boy. But Mallory just knows we are having a boy and his name is Jackson. Sorry Malls not anytime soon )

  • Mallory has a hard time going to bed. She always has a million questions for us. So tonight was no different. I was down cleaning up the kitchen. She came down the stairs and asked "Mommy, why do we have prophets?" Usually I just send her right to bed without answering, but this question had to be answered. I told her that prophets tell us what Jesus wants us to know" Then Mallory said, "Like being nice to our family, reading our scriptures & no hitting. I told her "yes that is right." Then she said, I don't think the prophets tell us to clean our house so much." I started laughing as I am scrubbing away on the stove.

    Mallory loves picking out clothes for her & McKenna to wear. She will get several pairs of pants & several shirts and make outfits for the next day. She gets so many clothes out of her drawer and makes a huge mess! The other day I had had it with all the clothes out of the drawer, so she got in a little trouble. I told her how she doesn't' need to get so many clothes out and to leave them in her dresser. She sat there, then looked at me with a very serious face and said" Mom, I just love picking out cute outfits and wearing them. It makes me feel so good" I really don't know where Mallory gets this, because those of you that know me, I don't have a ton of fashion sense (or care to)She just loves getting fun clothes and loves to wear them.

  • The other day Jace and I were talking about what we wanted to be when he grew up. We had just been to the Vet, so I asked him he wanted to be a Vet. He shook his head no, so I proceeded to ask him many other things, Doctor, Dentist, Farmer, Computer Guy, and so on. He finally settled that he wanted to be a football player. Not knowing that Mallory was listening, she came running in with all her princess attire on and said " I want to be a princess when I grow up." Jace looked at her funny and said, "You would have to marry a king or prince to be able to be a princess. She put her hands on her hips and said, " Then I will just marry Ledger, because he is a king!"(Ledger's name is Ledger King Baldwin)
  • Mallory is the queen of smells. She is the first to smell anything. She always asks, "Who's smell stinks." or Who's smells good" The other day we were driving down the road going past some dairy's that we live by, and the dairy smell was very strong. Mallory pipes up with "What smells like Diarrhea?"

We love Mallory so much and love that she has so much spunk, yet she is so kind and loveable!










8 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

oh, my sides hurt from laughing!!!! she is so funny!!!

Emily said...

haha! Those are hilarious. We love Mallorina. I look at the pictures of McKenna & I think that is how Mal is supposed to be not all grown up. It is crazy. Mal is really smart - I love her questions. The cleaning comment was my favorite. Give her a big hug from us.

Gini said...

She is so funny! You can tell she is really smart, the way she looks at things. She is such a sweet girl. We miss you guys, haven't seen you in forever!

Nate, Meggan & Ledger said...

she is seriously so cute!!! we love her and ledge would love to be her king if only they were not cousins!!! but she will be his best babysitter!!!

JMP said...

Wow! That is quite a girl you have there! What a mind!

Nicholas and Ashley said...

We laughed and laughed about these funny things mallory says. I glad you have them written down so you can remember them.....What a funny little girl she is.

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

pretty cute pics! looks like lots of fun for Halloween too.

Dave n Bre plus thr3e! :o) said...

Sooo CUTE!!! She is so funny! I love what kids come up with sometimes!! Parker is set on our baby boy's name and 'our baby girl next' too! :o)
I can't believe how much Mallory and McKenna look alike!!! SO funny!