Monday, October 5, 2009

Our Garden

We had a great garden this year, thanks to my amazing husband and the kids. They planted, watered & pulled all the weeds. I hardly had to do any work on it! It was a really big garden this year. It gave us so much fresh produce. Pretty much every night we would have something from the garden with our meal. The kids loved knowing that we had grown our own food. We had so much zucchini, crook neck squash, beans(over 10 gallons), peas(Jake's favorite), pumpkins, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe(they grew great but didn't taste good, don't think Idaho weather is hot enough!), tomatoes, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, carrots, green peppers, onions, and corn. But thanks to some raccoons we didn't get as much corn as we would have liked! My kids absolutely love the garden, they spent hours checking each plant & couldn't wait to pick all the produce. It has been a huge blessing to us this year.

















This is Jace's favorite summer salad. He would cut up most of the veggies from the garden & enjoyed making "his" salad.

3 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

yummy! jace does great on his salad. i'm going to miss all our fresh produce in a month or so...

Damien and Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

wow! I would love to have a garden like that. Did you have to hear about the garden Jake had growing up all summer? I know Jed would have talked about that & all his hardships if we had a garden like yours. :) Peas sound so delicious - and I'm so hungry now that I saw your pasta salad. Yum!