
Madelyn in her Christmas outfit.


Her outift "coming home from the hospital"

Jake & Madelyn watching football!




We stayed so busy in December that the 19th came so fast! My doctor wanted to start me on Saturday, the 19th, so we went at 6 a.m. to get started. It took awhile for my body to get going but as soon as I got that wonderful epidural I went fast! It was a great labor & it felt so good to finally get her out! I had Madelyn at 4:58 p.m. She weighed 9 lb & was 21 inches long. She has lots of brownish/blackish hair. Because of the swine flu our kids couldn't go up to the hospital. They were so excited when we finally came home. Jace thinks it is great to have 3 sisters!(He wants me to have 2 more babies that are boys!) The kids can't get enough of her and want to help all they can with her. Mallory is such a good helper. She loves to sit & hold Madelyn. McKenna has been such a sweetheart to Madelyn & doesn't like to hear her cry. The other day she told me "Go get Madelyn, she's crying her guts out". Jake doesn't know what to do with himself with all three girls. Madelyn absolutely loves her daddy. It was so nice to have Jake home more during the holidays. Jake & Madelyn spent a lot of time on the couch cuddling and watching football. It has been a way easier adjustment with 4 kids then with 3. I did miss my mom's help & support while she is gone on their mission, but I had lots of help from my 2 wonderful sister Marie & Ashley. Marie made numerous meals for us & helped with all the kids. Ashley helped with kids & with things for Primary. My mother-in-law Coleen came & helped also. Jed & Emily were also wonderful to us.(we were so sad when they went back to Chicago) Our ward & friends were also great help. We feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family & friends. I feel so good & excited for each new day. Luckily, Madelyn didn't have jaundice(crazy because all the other 3 did & took several weeks in the bili blanket to get over it) She just wasn't gaining weight. When we took her to get her PKU, she had dropped down to 7 lbs 11 oz. She had been nursing & seemed satisfied so I didn't know why she wasn't gaining weight. We had to start supplementing her with formula. (which I have never done before as my other kids never had a bottle) She is now gaining weight & eats all the time. I nurse her first & then she usually takes a bottle of formula. She is such a sweet baby & very seldom cries. She loves to lay on me, especially at night. I love her smell & the way she gets so comfortable on me.I have spent the last little while sleeping in our Lazy-Boy recliner in the nursery, but I don't mind. I know it won't last for long. We feel so blessed that Madelyn has come to our family and that she is healthy!!
3 comments:
Megan - I can't believe she is coming up on 2 months! Wow time sure does fly. Madelyn is such a pretty baby. I'm so glad we got to meet her & can't wait to see her & the rest of you guys (hopefully) in another month! :)
She is so adorable! Congratulations Jake and Megan!
Could she be any cuter? We are so glad to live close by now.
Post a Comment