Mckenna turned 3 on January 11th. She was so excited for her birthday. She kept asking for several weeks before her birthday if this was the day she got breakfast in bed and open all her presents. She wanted a Dora party & had been planning it for awhile. She really wanted a Dora cake so her very talented Aunt Marie made the cutest Dora cake.(what would I do without my sis's!) We had a very fun party with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandma & grandpa. She was so funny when it was time for her to blow out her candles, she froze and wouldn't do it. She sat there just staring at us.(maybe it was the bad Erickson birthday song singing!)So finally after a couple minutes Mallory blew the candles out! McKenna is such a funny, smart, cute and lovable girl! She continues to amaze me each day. She says some funny things and not sure where she picks them all up. Some of the funny things lately have been: When I ask her do something, she says "You can count on me.", "you have ruined my life forever",(she usually says this when her and Mallory are playing pretend), "Jace is so busted"(I asked her if she knew what busted means & she doesn't) "I am a beautiful girl" is another one of her favorites. She will also out of the blue just start singing I Am A Child of God. She does this mainly in public and not very quiet either. She loves playing with dolls & Barbie's. She can make a mess in a matter of seconds. She's like a little tornado in our house. She is getting better about cleaning up, but has a long ways to go! She loves to give hugs & kisses to all at unusual times(during the sacrament prayer & said I love you, very loud.) She surprised me the other day when I showed her some letter flashcards that she knew all her letters and sounds. I have to be honest and say I don't deserve any credit for this, but all the credit goes to the Leap Frog video, we watch in the car. McKenna is such a joy to have in our family. We lover her!

I love this picture! Her wonderful nursey teachers took this in nursey & sent it for Christmas. She loves Nursey! It must be the serious Jesus that she is trying to be like!

McKenna and Mallory are such good friends.(most of the time)


McKenna loves her new baby sister! She is such a helper.(sometimes a little too much!)
7 comments:
We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this girl!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCKENNA!!!
We love you and hope to see you soon! Glad you had such an awesome Dora cake...looks yummy. :)
PS, Tyler misses you!
She is so cute. The things she said were cracking me up. What a funny girl!
ha ha ha i can see mckenna sayng all those things as i was reading and it got me laughing! i sure love kenna-she is so innocent and kind. i love how she tries so hard to be a good helper, and everytime i see her doing this, it is easy for me to see how she is trying to be like Jesus! (um, hilarious picture by the way)
Megan, you had another little baby!!!! I can't believe it, she is so darling, I didn't even know you were expecting....i guess that is what I get for living thousands of miles away. Congratulations to you and Jake, you have such a darling little family. So are you going to try to give Jace another brother. We don't feel done yet either with 5, but we don't tell many people that! Our children are truly LIVES greatest blessings and joy! Take care, miss you guys
Megan your kids are so cute! We need to get together and let our girls play. They would have so much fun with each other. And little Madelyn is such a cute cute baby!
way too funny! your kids are a hoot!
Post a Comment