Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chicago August 2011

We walked down to Navy Pier. 


We had so much fun!

While Jake was in meetings I went on an Architectural boat tour.  They told us about all the buildings in Chicago and the history of the city.  It was really interesting. 

Navy Pier on the Ferris Wheel. 

One of the days while Jake was in meetings, I just stayed in my room and ordered in room service.  It was an enjoyable day!

We went to Cub's game.  We got seats on top of the roof of a building.  We had a delious dinner and watched the game.  It was a beautiful night and so fun!


The pool and the hot tub.  We stayed in the Four Seasons and it was super nice.

This was the view from our hotel room.  I have decided that I am not a city girl and wouldn't enjoy living in the city but like to visit for a few days.

Our last day there we went on a run along the beach.  It was a heavenly run.  Having my husband with me and being around such beautiful scenery. (still talking about my husband) 

Jake decided to take his running shoes off and go in the water. 

I took a minute to stretch on the beach chair. 

This year in August, Jake and I got to go to Chicago for 6 days! It was so much fun!!!!! I love spending time with Jake and it was extra fun because it was in Chicago.  It is quite ironic because Jed and Emily have lived for the last 4 years.  We had really wanted to go to Chicago to visit them , but  the 4 yrs just came and went without a visit.  They just had moved away in March so when we actually went to Chicago they didn't live there anymore.   Each day we had different activities for us to do.  When Jake had meetings they had tours and different activies for the spouses.  I haven't been much of a traveler so it was such a different experience for me.  I missed my kids, but so thankful that Jake and I could spend some time together.  I love that guy!  Thanks to  Jake's Mom and my Mom for taking care of our kids.  I know they can be a lot of work, so we really did appreciate it.  It was a trip we will never forget!

No comments: