Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 2010

So I haven't been keeping up on my blog for last few months. I have a couple of good excuses. First my computer completely crashed and it took several months to recover 400 pictures. Also my camera crashed and so I didn't have a camera for a couple months. I thought many times about how I needed to update my blog and that is about all that happened. I just never took time to update it, I do love my blog since it is my form of scrapbooking and a family history. It makes me sad because I have already forgotten what happen last week let alone what happened several months ago. I promise I am going to do better along with 100 other things!



The first part of October Jake and I were able to go to Sun Valley. Jake had work meetings so I got to go join him. He left on Friday to go golfing(ya right working?) and then I drove up on Saturday. I was giddy that I got to go spend 3 days with Jake! I love going on dates, but to go overnight doesn't happen too much! Thanks to Grandma Erickson for helping take all four kids. She is always so nice to take them. Jake and I had so fun. He had work meetings durning the day and I stayed in the hotel room just relaxing. Then I would join him at night for food and fun.  I didn't take any pictures of us because when it is just the two of us, we don't have a way to take them. I need to figure out the timer on my camera.


Girls Weekend also happened in October. I love Girls Weekend! I love spending time with my sisters, sisters-in-law and mom. We also have so much fun and many fun memories never to forget! They are all such great examples of being great moms. This year I happen to get really sick on the Wednesday before I left. I had the stomach flu so bad. I didn't think I was going to make it but I did. My stomach was still  tender. On Thursday night we met the Ogden sisters at Maddox in Bringham City. Then headed up to Heber City. Nikki and Bruce are always so nice to host and let us take over their house. We woke up Friday morning bright and early to get our shopping started! I don't love shopping but I will do it for one day. It's fun to watch the deals everyone gets and I do end up with alot of stuff!  This year we did something different, instead of shopping for the 2 full days, we stayed at Nikki Sue's house and just relaxed, made yummy food, and laughed.  It was a great weekend! I look forward to this every year!



TI




Look at all those bags! That is some shopping!
Boo Party
My Mom and Dad hosted a Halloween Party.  Grandma Baldwin is always doing fun stuff for us.  We had a yummy dinner and then decorated sugar cookies.  The kids had a blast playing games with all their cousins.  It is such a blessing for me to be able to have my kids be so close to their aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents.  I know not everyone feels this way, but for us I know that is what I want.  Jake and I both grew up that way.  We had so many good examples from our aunts, uncles and cousins.  So we both knew that if we made any bad choices, it wasn't just our parents we had to worry about, but all our extended family.  I sure do love our families.


Playing a fun game of musical pumpkins.  Look at Kate's face.  She is hilarious and cute!





It is always a treat to have uncle Nathan to be at the parties.



Making yummy sugar cookies!  So much fun and work!









Grandma and Grandpa Baldwin.  My mom is so beautiful and my Dad is quite handsome himself.  Love my Dad's brown sweater. 



Madelyn at 10 months old.  She is getting so big!

Halloween 2010
Marie took my kids this year for Halloween.  Jake and I went on a date to the temple, dinner and movie for our anniversary.  I am not sure what we were thinking when we got married 2 days before Halloween. Marie took the kids to their carnival out in  Snake River.  She dressed them all up in their costumes and she also has 5 kids of her own.(pretty amazing)My kids had so much fun with the Poulter Family.







Cutest little lady bug!  Look at McKenna's face!

Mallory was a beautiful princess.

Karate kid Jace!




Madelyn 10 months old!  Cute little bumble bee!


Our 11th Anniversary!
I can't believe we have been married for 11 years!  Time has passed by so quickly.  When I think back to when I was a little girl and dreamed about getting married.  Who I would marry, my kids and what it would be like. I never imagined it would be so good!  Being married to Jake is so much better I thought marriage would be like.  Jake is truly my soul mate!  I know that sounds cheesy but it is true!  There is nobody that knows me like Jake and the funny thing about it is that he still loves me!  He truly loves me undconditionally.  His main concern in life is if I am happy!  He is such a good husband and father.  He works so hard for us and provides for us so well.  He is always in a good mood and makes life fun!  I can't wait for the next 11 years! 































No comments: