Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 2011

June was a fun filled summer month for most of us, except for me.   I had hurt my knee playing volleyball at the end of May.  I had been training since March to do the half marathon in Rexburg.  The week before I hurt my knee I had ran my longest run and was feeling really good about the half marathon.  I ran 11 miles, which was going to be the farthest I had to run before the race.  I thought I needed to get an MRI just to make sure I wouldn't damage it more by running the half marathon.  When I got the results of the MRI I was so shocked.  I had torn my menicus in two different places and it needed repaired.   I was so sad about not being able to accomplish my goal of running the half marathon, but I had to get it fixed! We scheduled surgery for the first part June.  The surgery itself wasn't too bad, but the recovery wasn't fun at all!  The first week I was in extereme pain. Before the surgery I thought it would be no big deal.  I knew there would be some pain, but nothing I couldn't deal with!  I was wrong.  The first couple days I couldn't even get off the couch or bed.  I had to walk on crutches for 2 weeks.  Trying to walk up 3 flights of stairs with crutches doesn't work to well.  Thanks to my wonderful husband, kids, mom and sisters we made it through the month.  By four weeks I was walking normal and started to exercise again.  This month made me realize how important my health is to able to take care of my family. 

Jace was busy with baseball. This year his team decided to do a travel team.  This meant that we would travel to Idaho Falls, Pocatello, and Rexburg for games and tournaments.  This league is very diffuclut with teams that have been playing together for years.  Needless to say they learned a lot and didn't win very many games during the first part of the season.  They improved every week and won several games the second half of the season.  One of the tournaments was in Rexburg.  We decided to make a vacation out of it.  We went and stayed in the Springfield Marriot for a night, which the kids were totally excited about it.  We also went to Bear World which was the first time for McKenna and Madelyn.  When we first got there and drove through the park looking at the animals, McKenna and Mallory were so scared that bears were going to come into the car.  Halfway through the animal tour there was a bear that decided it really liked our van.  It started climbing up on it.  McKenna and Mallory were hysterical.  They were shaking they were so scared. It was actually quite funny and I wished I had a video of it!  There was also a wolf laying on the side of the trail.  Jake pulled up righ next to it and the kids were looking at it out the window.  It didn't move so they all thought it was dead.  All of the sudden he lifted his head and I have never heard all four of the kids scream so loud!  We still laugh about that.  After the tour of the animals we got to go on some of their rides.  The kids thought they were at disneyland!(not that they know because we haven't ever been there) They had so much fun and kept going on them over and over again.  We also got to go in the petting zoo.  It was actually really cool to be able to go up to a deer and pet him.  It was a really fun weekend. 
Mallory was the only one that would keep her arms up in the air!

Jace in his baseball clothes.  I didnt take pictures of him playing baseball, but at least I got him in his uniform:}


Madelyn thought the train was awesome.  She kept saying again, again!


Mallory loved going as high as she could and enjoyed all the rides.  Jace doesn't like rides too much, but was a good sport to go on with her. 
They thought it was awesome to see a real live bear.  McKenna kept asking,"are you sure they are real?"

Jace was a little nervous of the dear.  They were actually quite nice.




This was a beautiful sunset in June.  We get the best view of the sunsets.

Mallory played on an all girls softball team.  I was her coach and her cousin Kate was on our team. 
Mallory doesn't let sports get in her way of fashion.  She is so not like her Mom!
Mallory and her cousin Kate.


Jake looks alittle tired after a long day of baseball.


Mallory and McKenna were so excited to sleep in the hotel. 
All Madelyn cared about at the hotel were the suckers that were in our room. 
Jake had to swim with all four kids, since I had just had surgery and was on crutches.  Madelyn hated the water and lasted for 2 minutes. 
This was Fathers Day for Jake.  He of course gets breakfast in bed!  The kids took great care of  him since I was out of commission because of my surgery.  Jake was a great sport for not having much of a fathers day!  I am so thankful for Jake and all he does for our family.  He is the bright spot in my life and always has been for the last 12 years.(plus an additional 5 years of dating!)

1 comment:

Amber McArthur said...

What a fun month! Seriously so sad about your knee--maybe next year we can do another half, after our babies this summer. :) I love all the pictures and the update. Seriously that picture of Madelyn with the sucker is too funny!