Saturday, October 18, 2014

15 years of bliss!!!!


Jake and I can't believe that we have been married for 15 years!  Seriously, time has gone by so fast, it's crazy!  We have had so many great years.  I feel blessed to be able to be married to my best friend and soul mate.  He gets me and I get him(well most of time;)  We have been so blessed in our married life. There are so many blessings I can't begin to count!  For our 15 year anniversary we decided to FINALLY go on our honeymoon.ha!(we went to Pocatello on our 1st one)  We have been talking about going on a cruise for years. We just never found time between babies, school, and work.  Jake actually surprised me and booked the cruise because I probably would have just talked about it.   I tend to get so nervous to leave all the kids.  I hate putting people out to watch our 5 kids.  However, Sally had come to live with us which is a great help.  The kids went up to The Kays house in Tetonia for the weekend.  Then Sally, Grandma Susan and Grandpa Nick(taxi driver) took care of them the rest of the week.
We flew out of Idaho falls at 5 a.m. then to Denver, then Houston.  We had to leave around 4a.m. Jake had to practically drag me out of the house!  I always get super nervous to leave our kids when we go on trips, but by the time we made it to the airport I was so excited.  I am so glad we went because we had so so so much fun!

In Houston we stayed in Laquinta inn. Then we took a shuttle to Galveston to board the Cruise Ship.  We decided to get pizza and eat it in our room.  We really didn't know what to do with ourselves without noise and kids.


We made it on the ship without any problems.  We don't travel much so we get nervous about where we go and how to get there.  Luckily we had a cruise planner so we didn't have to worry about anything.  She had everything set up with a booklet of our agenda, papers, and tips for our entire trip. It made it so much easier.  
The ship was so much bigger than I expected.  I was surprised that once you got on the ship, you didn't realize you were even on water.

CozumelThis was the highlight of our trip.  It was an amazing place.  There were times Jake and I had to pinch ourselves to make sure it wasn't a dream.  We couldn't believe we were having such amazing views and experiences.   When we got off the ship, we got a taxi to go to a beautiful resort to meet our tour guides.  Once we meet them, we got in our dune buggy.  This was so much fun.....scary but fun!  Jake really thought he was a race car driver.  We started going around the island.  Our first stop was at a private beach, we had it all to ourselves.  We were able to swim in the ocean and rest.  It was an amazing and beautiful beach.


We decided to take a rest on the hammacks.  This picture makes me laugh because about 20 seconds after the picture was taken, the hammack fell hard to the ground.  ha. ha.  I wish we had a pic of that beautiful sight!  It was really funny!
Jake knows how to relax!  His hammock didn't fall to ground!
Jake loved drivng this car/dune buggy.  It was loud and fast!
We couldn't stop smiling, so much fun!

I am glad we had seat belts.  I had to tell Jake several times to slow down!



Our 2nd stop was at an Mayan village.  It was super interesting to learn the culture and history of these people.  
They cooked us myan food on a coal stove.  It was really yummy food. 
This is what a Mayan warrior would have looked like back in the day.  I think he looked like a Lamanite.

The 3rd stop was snorkeling in the ocean.  Jake loved it but I didn't.   
The water was as warm as bath water!  It was very salty also.  
We had awesome tour guides that were super nice and informative.  We told them to look up the missionaries.
The water was beautiful and blue.
We liked to be able to get dressed and go out to dinner and a show.  It was so fun to have a date night each night.  We really do like being with each other.

Dinner was really eventful each night.  At the end of the night the waiters would get on the tables and dance.  



Dinner was always a highlight to our day!  They were so delcious!  Plus it was all free.  We didn't realize that we had to eat with people we didn't know, each day.  We ate with Juan and Linda.  They were very nice and interesting to talk with each night. 















Our tour guide was very friendly and wanted to take a selfie with us.

We had gotten off the ship to head to Progresso.

Jake loved the food!  Especially the ice cream!  This picture was taken at midnight, for Jake's midnight snack.



Progesso, Mexcio

We had a great time in Progresso.  It wasn't quite as cool as Cozumel, but it was still amazing.  We started the day with a tour of the Mayan ruins.  This was very informative and interesting.  We had a great tour guide that gave us great information and made it very fun.  It was very hot, humid weather.  After the tour of the ruins we went to have lunch at the beach.  The beach was so pretty and relaxing.  We were able to get a massage on the beach!  The funny thing was that they wanted me to take all my shirts off to be able to give me a massage, but I wouldn't take them off.  The lady kept tugging them off and kept pushing them down.  I kept telling Jake to tell them in Spanish to stop but she kept trying to take it off.  It was a funny experience that would have been funny to have on video.

On the beach in Progesso,  It was a beautiful beach.  
This the beach restaurant where we had lunch.


It was a super hot day and with it being so humid I was drenched in sweat.  


Waiting for our lunch.

These are some of the ruins.  These are believed to be their animal corrals. 

These trees were beatuiful with big yellow flowers.  

This was their temple they had built.  It was fascinating to hear the similarities of the Book of Mormon times and the stories they told. 



This was where they believed that king bathed. Many people went swimming in this water. 

Getting ready to go back on the ship after our fun day!


This was our dress up night.  We had a fun show that night.

We watched a movie on the deck of the ship.

It was so fun to celebrate our anniversary.  We are really so blessed to be married. 


There were so many people on the ship.  It was great people watching!  We had many laughs over certain people's behavior.  



There was a young mother who was trying to figure out how to get home at the Denver airport. She was traveling by herself with a baby.  The mom was in tears and didn't know what to do to get home.  Her baby was crying.  I felt so bad for her so I tried helping her by holding her baby.  
We were so sad we couldn't make it home from Denver.  It felt like a bad dream.
We had a hard time finding a hotel to stay in for that one night, but finally got one about midnight. Our kids were devastated that we were not coming home until the next day.  We ended up getting on a plane to SLC the next morning, then renting a car and driving home.  We were so happy to get home to our kids.  It was so fun to go together and make memories we will never forget!
Our last night on the cruise!  We had so much fun but were missing our kids so much!

No comments: