I was in charge of our valentine's date this year.(we take turns planning every year with our anniversary and v-day) I wanted to do something different this year, so me and a girl in my ward started planning. We invited several couples to eat at our friend Julia's house. We had such a great dinner.(thanks Nicole for the great main dish) We played a game that required everyone to write 3 things that we loved about our spouse. Julia then gathered them and read them outloud. We had to guess which person wrote it.
This is what Jake wrote about me:
1. Makes great rolls. (I had just made rolls for our dinner, so it wasn't hard to guess who it was!)
2. Is a wonderful mother
3. Always makes sure that we are progressing.
This is what I wrote about Jake:
1. Works hard to provide for us
2. Makes me laugh everyday
3. Has a great smile.
Then after dinner we went to a dance! I wasn't expecting that it would be that much fun, but it was something different.(we haven't been to a dance together since our Ricks College days) I didn't expect to stay long or even enjoy it, but I was wrong! We had so much fun! Jake and I don't know how to dance, but we had lots of fun trying! There was a country western band playing for the dance (for all of you who know them, it was the Lyle Albertson Band! Jed I know you wished you were there!!) We attempted to do the only dance we both kind of know which is the 2 step. I had to laugh as Jake had to count slow, slow, quick, quick while we were dancing. Most of the people there were senior citizen (like 75 and older), but they could cut a rug. Some of them actually had oxygen tanks, but it didn't stop them. There was a little scare when one older couple bumped into another older couple and one couple hit the floor. I thought we were going to have to call 911, but they both got up and didn't miss a beat. It ended up being a really great night. There was also a raffle drawing at the dance with some cool prizes. Every one of the couples with us won something except for us! We never win any kind of drawings. :(
Saturday was our Valentine's kids day. Jake had to work most of the day, so the kids and I prepared for our v-day party. We started out in the morning making heart shaped sugar cookies. It took us almost 6 hours from start to finish.(I was so sick of sugar cookies by the time I was done!)Then for dinner we made heart shaped hamburgers, red pasta salad, red grapes & red punch. We played some valentine's games & watched Charlie Brown Valentine. It was a great day!
On Sunday was my dad's 66th Birthday. We celebrated at my parents house. We had some of my dad's favorite food. Pork chops, hashbrown, rolls, salad and of course ice cream and cake. The kids were excited about Grandpa's birthday. Marie and Jake came for the birthday party. We were surprised by Amber, Spence and Mia coming too. They didn't tell anyone so we were really excited. My dad is a great example to me and my family. We are so glad that he is feeling better and glad we get to live close to him.
My dad bought this red love seat as a surprise for V-day for my mom. She was so surprised and way exicted because she had been wanting it for awhile. He wrote a cute poem with it too.
Mallory and Mia.






7 comments:
Hey Megan - It sounds like you had so much fun celebrating V-day. You are always so good to make every holiday exciting. I'm impressed you got Jake to dance - I'm not sure that Jed loves me enough to do that! :)
Fun V-day!Next year will you make us a red dinner?
Did you video Jake dancing...can't say I've ever seen that! except I think w/ Samantha at Whit's wedding. You guys do have fun. Meant to send a note earlier...thx for coming to Ryan's bball. Appreciate your support, and is always fun to see you guys. :)
i think it is so funny that we live so close to each other, yet each time i look at your blog i find things i didn't know you did! i might be slackin' slightly on the sister business...sorry about that. cute v-day picks. i love the picture of the world's best babysitter with mia. she's so funny!
I finally fot a few minutes to read through your blog! You have a cute little family...it would be really fun to get together some how!
Wow, you guys go all out for V-Day. It's official, there's love. I think I baked a cake and . . . oh wait, that was it.
Your dad still ropes like he's 30 - sweet. You're family is awesome.
Your Valentines Day date sounds like so much fun! Happy birthday to Uncle Nick! We are glad that he is feeling better and hope that keeps up. I love the couch that he got for your mom.
Post a Comment