Monday, March 16, 2009

ouch!!!






On Thursday we went to the Gym. I had only been running for like 15 min, when the daycare worker came and found me. (side note-They usually come find me everyday, because McKenna always has a messy diaper. I don't know what it is with her at the gym daycare and yucky diapers!)She looked really nervous and she said, " Mallory got hit and is bleeding all over!" I ran to the bathroom where she was and I could hear her screaming. She had blood running down her hand and was really freaking out! The lady then explained what happened. The daycare lady had been vacuuming in the hallway. Mallory went out in the hallway to go to the bathroom(she goes like 50 times a day)The lady didn't see Mallory and Mallory didn't see the lady when she pulled the vacuum back. She hit Mallory right on the top of the eyebrow with the vacuum handle. She must have it the right spot because she bled like crazy. I could tell that it was deep enough to get stitches, so we went over and saw her doctor. They tried to do stitches at first by numbing it with a shot, but she freaked out with the shot. I couldn't calm her down and we couldn't hold her head still. The doctor was concerned that it was too close to the eye & if she moved that it would hurt her eye. We then decide just to the glue it(dermabond). We were all glad when it was all over! She got to go get her favorite root beer ice cream & got to rest for the whole day.(she was so excited about that, because she didn't have to do any jobs. She kept telling Jace. "I don't have to do any jobs because I cut my eyebrow.)

3 comments:

WoodwardFam said...

Poor Mallory! Sounds traumatic, but too funny bragging to Jace! Cassidy just had her first stitches, but she was very proud of them. Only Cass!

Emily said...

Ouch Mal! That is scary - glad you are okay but there are less tragic ways to get out of chores you know. :)

JMP said...

Oh Mals! We are so sorry for you. Emma wants to come visit you right now!