Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter/Spring Fun

I love, love this time of the year! We have had days of cold weather and days of nice weather. We especially love the warm weather! When it is warm we take full advantage of the time to go outside. The kids love it!







Jace has found a new talent, hula-hooping! He has gotten really good at it with his record time of being 10 minutes straight. The other day, he decided to try to hula-hoop and rope the dummy at the same time. Then Jace and Jake had a match dummy roping against Nate and Grandpa Nick. Jace and Jake won the best out of 5 series. Grandma Susan even got in the action. My dad made her wear the cowboy hat too! I love this picture.



We had a great Easter this year! We got to spend time with the Baldwins on Saturday. We started out trying to fly kites. It was funny when the time came to fly kites as we could not get one kite to go up.(we have been having lots of wind everyday for over three weeks and the time we want wind there wasn't any!) We then had an Easter Egg Hunt with lots of candy & eggs. We were excited to have Jill here with her kids & Nikki, Bruce and Kenadee. We went that night to watch Nate rope at the DNCFR in Pocatello. He did so good & won the whole thing!!! We were so excited for him, Meggan & Ledger.


On Sunday we had to wake up early to go to church, so the Easter Bunny decided to come to our house when we were at church. Jace finally got a new bike(he has needed a new one for a year now)Mallory got a new bike(actually the Easter Bunny painted Jace's old bike pink so Mallory could have a bike too.)McKenna got some new sand toys.




After church we went to the Ericksons for Easter Dinner. We had great food & great company. Jed/Emily were there, so it was fun to see them along with all the other Ericksons. We played some games and had the kids go on yet another Easter egg hunt(remember next year to get more eggs for so many kids!!)











9 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

i am so impressed with the easter bunny's idea of painting jace's bike! very clever!!!

bobbi said...

Hey! It was so good to talk to you for a little while Easter Sunday-- love the pictures and being able to see what you and your family are up to!! Send me your email and I'll send you an invite.

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

what cute pics! Very nice Easter/Sunday dress picture. It was so fun to have you guys come and visit/play.

Amber McArthur said...

Looks like you guys sure are having fun! We are sad we missed flying kites. But we were glad we got to see you last weekend. I love the picture of Mac on the horse. She looks like a real cowgirl!

JMP said...

Nice pictures and info.I'm jealous that you've posted Easter and I still haven't. Not even sure if we took pictures!

Trena said...

Darling pics of the kids on Easter; Mallory is quite the model! Love Jace with the hula hoop & rope action....can't Jake do that too?!

Emily said...

Wow I can't believe Jace can hula hoop for 10 minutes!!! That is seriously incredible - I have no hula hooping skills so that is amazing to me. The kids look so handsome & pretty (the girls) for Easter. We had fun seeing you guys. Oh & I have to say that your mom can rope pretty good! I know I don't hava a ton of experience, but that loop looked pretty good to me!

moma berry said...

What a cute bunch even Jake!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erickson family, I changed my email address, so could you send me an invite to your blog to kenzidawn29@gmail.com? Thanks!