I was so excited for Christmas this year! We got done remodeling the end of Novemember, so I was super excited to decorate and have Christmas in our "new" house. That very same week we found out we were having baby baby #5 and I was sick! Suddenly in an instant I was too sick for anything, including Christmas. I tried to make it the best I could. We had bought a new 9 ft Christmas tree, that was beautiful! My kids kept the magic in all the Christmas activies. They were super excited about everything! We had many activies that kept us busy in the month of Decemeber.
 |
| McKenna and Madelyn in matching PJs! |
 |
| Madelyn got a huge doll from Jace. She loved it. |
 |
| McKenna got this from Madelyn. |
 |
| Mallory was super excited about what McKenna got her. |
 |
| Silly Jace. Loves his Bayblades. |
 |
| No, I don't feel good! |
This year for Christmas we did things different with our presents. I had been thinking for awhile that we gave too much to the kids without much meaning. I found a cool thing that suggested to give 3 presents, kind of like the wisemen gave the Savior 3 presents and then 1 from Santa. The 3 gifts, are something to wear, something spiritual, and something that is worth gold to them. It was much easier this year to focus on more on the Savior and not just presents. I think the kids liked what they got, but it will take getting used to it. On the other hand, Jake and I loved it! It was so simple, yet more meaningful. We did spend severeal days durning Christmas break, just enjoying the simple things with our kids.
 |
| Jace got a basketball hooop, bayblades, hat& a jacket, and a church picture. |
 |
| Madelyn got a Dora tent & a stroller. |
 |
| Mallory got her beloved American girl doll and clothes. |
 |
| McKenna got her Repunlze Doll that she wanted to so badly! |
 |
| Christmas Breakfast. |
 |
| Mallory took at least 15 pic of herself and her American Girl doll. They look alike! |
 |
| Mallory got a feather for her hair, from her Dad. |
The girls had to shower before we headed of to Church. They love warming up in front of the fireplace afte their showers.
Christmas was on Sunday this year, so it was fun to be able to go to church on Christmas
 |
|
. |
The girls dresses were from Candance and Hugh's wedding, but they were sure cute on Christmas morning too.:)
 |
| We always do a Christmas soak in the hot tub! This is a new hot tub and is pretty cool. It has lights that change colors and fits up to 8 people. I was mad because I coudn't get in it being prego! |
 |
| This is how we told the whole Erickson family at the their party. We wrapped our ultra sound for John and Coleen. Everyone was super excited! |
 |
| A couple days after Christmas we went to the movie with Grandma and Grandpa Erickson. |
Our Baldwin party was really fun this year. We had a pajama party so it was nice not to have to get ready to go, because I was sick! We hadn't told anyone yet that we were going to have another baby so we thought the Baldwin party would be as good of time of any to let them know. I don't hide my pregnancy well, so everyone had been wondering about me and why I looked so sick! We had Mallory say the prayer for the family party and in the prayer she blessed the baby in my mommy's tummy. It was really funny and people were excited!
 |
| Mallory had a basketball game that she had to got to durning the party. She was still excited to sit on Santa's lap. |
 |
| McKenna was so excited about Santa and had a long list of things she wanted! |
 |
| Jace is getting so big, but he will still sit on Santa's lap. |
 |
| Madelyn was literally petrefied of Santa! We teased and teased her for weeks that Santa was coming and she would just freeze, she would be so scared! We may or may not have used this tactic on making her eat or got to bed. At the party she was shaking and crying becasue Santa was actually there. She did get enough courage to sit on Santa's lap for about .2 seconds. |
 |
| She was out of there! |
On Decemember 23, we went to the ISU vs Wyoming game. We met Amber and Spence there, since Spence is a huge Wyoming fan. The kids had fun and loved Benny the Bengal. Jace got called down at half time to do a race with the Benny. He did good and had fun.
 |
| Jace getting instructons on what he had to do. |
 |
| He had to put on huge basketball shoes and run up and down the floor. |
 |
| McKenna loved the Bengal. |
 |
| Jace had a great time at the game. |
No comments:
Post a Comment