Friday, December 23, 2011

Madelyn and Jake's Birthday!!

Madelyn turned 2 on Dec 19th.   I never wanted a child that has a birthday close to Christmas becasue I feel like they get cheated with all the hub bub of Christmas.  I like to have big birthday parties, so being so close to Christmas it feels like there is already so much going on that she and Jake don't get as fun as birthdays as the others in our family that aren't in December.  With that note,  I can' believe how fast the time has gone.  Madelyn has been such a joy to have for the last 2 years.  She is pretty easy and just goes with the flow.(most of the time)  She is really into Dora so we had a Dora Party.  I was really sick with our #5 Baby on the way, so my mom and sisters took over for me. Marie made the fabulous Dora cake.  Madelyn thought it was awesome.  She kept pointing to the cake and saying Dora!  Mom and Ashley helped with all the cousins and lunch.  We had pizza and breadsticks. Madelyn was so excited to have her birthday.  She loved opening her presents and couldn't open them fast enough.  Madelyn is such a fun and sweet girl!  Our life has been so blessed with having her in our family.                                     



THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT MADELYN
*She is obessed with horses.  She loves our pony Sprout!
*Madelyn still loves her bottle(doddle)!  She only has water in at night.
*Madelyn has huge feet and hands!  Her shoes size is a 9 or 10.
*Madelyn loves her Grandma's and Grandpa's.  She always runs to find them whenever we go to their house for big hugs.
*She loves dollies and is such a great little momma.  Her nursery teachers say she helps them with the little kids that are crying for their parents. "She says, It's ok, mommy be back soon"  She is very loveable and kind.
Daddy with his girls.  These girls adore him and love being with him!

Jake turned 34 on December 11th.  I was really sick so he really got ripped off this year for his birthday!  I think the kids helped Jake make his birthday dinner and Jace managed to make him his cake. His birthday was on a Sunday which was our Stake Conference.  I got the priveledge of speaking at Stake Conference.  That was really fun being so sick and having to speak to so many people and in the presence of a General Authority.  Jake got the wonderful present of taking care of our kids for 2 hours at Stake Conference!  It was also Denver Bronco Sunday as you can see below with everyone dressed up to watch the game. Jake did get a good birthday present with his Bronco's winning a very exciting game. 


Jake is such a great husband and father.  He works so hard to provide such an amazing life for me and our kids. 

No comments: