Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring break 2012


This year for Spring Break we went down to Utah.  We left on Thursday night just in time for Jace and Jake to go to Kings(Jimmer) and Jazz game. Jace was extermely excited to go watch Jimmer play. They had great seats and got to see Jimmer close up!  The girls and I went shopping for the evening with Amber and Jill. We got back to the hotel and put kids to bed when Jake called me saying that they had missed the train to come back and there werent any more going out the rest of the night.  So I had to wake up the three sleeping girls and drive down-town to Salt Lake by myself.  I was so relieved when I finally made it and we all were together again.   Conference was also this weekend.  We love conference and look forward to listeing to all the speakers.  We tried getting conference tickets, but it didn't end up working out, so we listened and watched in our pjs instead.  It was such a great conference and the things I heard were things I needed to hear for me and my family.  On Sunday we went to Trena and Kirk's house to hang out with them.  They fed us a delious dinner and had a great time visiting them. Sunday Evening we drove to Heber City to go stay at Nikki and Bruce's house.  Nikki and Bruce were leaving Monday morning for a trip so we were super excited to hang out with Kennadee.  My kids think she is the coolest girl around.  We had so fun in Heber City.  We relaxed most mornings, not being rushed to go anywhere. We did many different activies that the kids were exicted about all of them.  We went to Chucky Cheese one night. This was something my kids have been wanting to do for a long time.  They have seen the commericals on TV but we don't have them in Idaho.  We found some coupons that made it even funner:)  My kids really thought they were in Disneyland!  They played and played.  They would come eat pizza then go play again.  It was a great night.  We were super glad Kenadee could come with us.  At times I think she was slightly overwhelmed with the loudness and craziness of our family.  When we were doing FHE one night, she sat there quietly and intently watching Madelyn singing at the top of her lungs, while Jake was trying to teach a lesson about Easter.  She then said to me, "wow, this is loud." Welcome to my world!  We went fishing one day in Midway.  There is a cool pond that has fish in it and you can go fishing for free.  They have the fishing poles and everything you need. We had a picnic at the pond, then fed the ducks, then fished for several hours.  When Jake finally caught the fish, you would have thought we won the lottery, the kids were beyond excited!  We also went to Kamas and went to the fancy swimming pool.  They swam and swam.  Madelyn actually liked being in the pool for the very first time too.  She wouldn't let go of me or Jake but at least she didn't scream uncontrollably.  It was very relaxing for my big pregnant body to soak in the water.  Mallory and Jace jumped off the high dive too.  It was a great day.
Jace way exicted to see Jimmer warming up.


They had great seats.

Madelyn loved this ride and didn't want to get out.

They love Chucky Cheese.

Jace loves to fish.  He needs to hang out with Uncle Johnny more.


Mallory so wanted to catch a fish!

Mckenna was very patient and sat for a long time to try to catch a fish.

Our picnic

Funny story:  Madelyn was feeding the ducks and got alittle too close to the pond.  She slipped in and was soaking wet.  She was very scared(and so was I)  Good thing I had a change of clothes in the car.  poor girl!



Madelyn thought the fish was gross.



Mac and Mads feeding the ducks.  This is after she fell in, look how far away she is now!

Mallory jumping off the high dive. 

We played games outside one night.  Jake played dodge ball with the kids.  He would throw the ball at them and if they got hit they were out.  They thought it was so fun!  I walked out to see the them and walked down the hill to the trampoline.  All of the sudden I slipped and slid all the way down the hill.  At first, everyone was quiet, I am sure it was quite a sight to see a very pregnant lady sliding down a hill.  They asked if I was ok, then we started laughing hard.  It was really funny! The kids are pretty sure we could have won Funniest Home Videos!

Jace jumping off the high dive.

Cute kids!



We thought this was a pretty place for pics!


No comments: