Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 2013



August came in a flash.  We had so many activies planned for August, everyday we were busy.  We love being together with our families.  We had many family reunions and get together, which I love. Some of the highlight for August.......


*King Family Reunion and Martin Harris Pageant
*We went to the blessing of Hinkley.  Hugh did a fantastic job.
*We had Sally Taylor come stay with us for a week. We loved it!
*The girls and I went to Heber City, Girls camp with my family.
*Jake and I went to Seattle for 4 days.
*Jace started 6th grade at Firth.
*Jake roped at the Big Dog roping in a Pocatello.
*Jace started Football, playing Quarterback.
*Jake bought Jace and I a new roping horse, Freddy. 


Jagger trying to Bulldog.  He didn't like it much.

My girls love their American Girl Dolls.(Madelyn doesn't really have one, but still calls it American girl doll) They are all dressed up alike their dolls.

We were glad to get home to our kids.  Jace and Jagger stayed with Marie.  Madelyn, Mckenna, Mallory stayed with Amber.  They loved their present that we brought back for them.

We had never been to Seattle.  It is a really cool place.  We went on top of the Space Needle at night.  What a fun night.

On the top of the space needle.  It made me sick to look down.

We had so much fun together.  I like this guy!

Seattle is a beautiful city.  I definitely not a city girl, but I like to visit the city for a few days.



We went to a glass museum, which was incredible.

Jake was at meeting most of the day, so I went to different place around Seattle. 

We went to Pike's Market Place.  It was awesome.  The smells reminded me of Taiwan.





We played night games with the Poulter family and Sally.  The kids had so fun!



After night games, they were all smiles :0

Snapping beans with Grandma and Grandpa Baldwin.  Grandma is quite the farmer.

My sweet baby girl, Madelyn. Sad Story:
I had gone back and forth if I should go to Heber City to the family reunion. Jake couldn't go because he had a roping. We were leaving to Seattle for 4 days just after the reunion. I didn't have to drive to Utah then drive again. I decided not to go and just stay home. At the last minute, like the morning before we were suppose to leave I decided to go. We packed in about 10 min and headed to Heber City. We made to Heber City, girls camp and what a beautiful place it was! We got there, got out of the van and the kids ran off with their cousins to play. Not 5 min later some the grandkids came to find me to tell me Madelyn had fallen down and hit her head. I ran up to the top of the hill where she was at with blood gushing everywhere! Poor Sally was there to help her and had blood all over her sweatshirt from holding it on her cut. She had cut the corner of her forward open. It was a big gash, that looked like she needed stitches. Thanks to Dr. Poulter being there that took such great care of her. He got some super glue and glued her back together. Madelyn took it like a champ and didn't slow her down too long!

There was deer everywhere.  Mallory was trying to get a picture of one that was staying by the road, but this what she got a picture of...Madelyn!


Poor girl, cut her head open, but at least she got a cool bandiad.

Heber City Girl Camp was an amazing place.  We would be hiking on the trails and door would cross right in front of us. 

There was a zip-line you could go across, so Mallory was all over it!  I did go too, but didn't love it.  I don't like heights.


One of our items on our  bucket lists, was:  to go to the drive-in.  Our kids had never been to a drive-in.  We went and saw Despicale me 2 and Planes.  The kids thought it was awesome!

No comments: