Sunday, January 27, 2008
A Weekend of Fun!
I really like doing this blog, because this is going to be like a journal and scrapbook for our family. So I hope you all don't care that I ramble on about our weekend. I forgot my camera so I won't have any pictures. We went to SLC for the weekend. Jake had some work meetings there. We left early on Friday morning because Jake had to be in SLC by 11:30. I went to Ogden to see the Baldwins and Sheets families(we were so sad, because Kate and Savannah had RSV so we didn't get to see them). Then Jake got done with his meetings around 4, so we meet him at our hotel. The kids were so excited they couldn't even breathe. Jake kept asking if I had given the kids Mt Dew because they were soooo hyper. We got to stay at the Little America, it is a really nice hotel with a great swimming pool that was actually warm and is half indoor and half outdoor. On Friday night Jake's sister Trena watched the kids while Jake and I went to dinner with his boss at the restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith building called The Roof. I had never been there before and it was really amazing! The view is so crazy. You are almost as high as the top of the temple, we felt like you could almost give Angel Mornoi a high five. The food was so good--prime rib, ham, chicken, salad and so many deserts you could eat. Jake defintely got his moneys worth, he even had to undo the top of his pants so he could do his deep breaths(only Jed and Emily will get that). It was very nice for Louis(Jake's boss) to take us there. About half way through the dinner, he paid for the bill and said that he would leave us alone to hold hands. He is a great guy and so glad Jake has the job he has. It was a great evening. The kids had so much fun with the Andersons. They love their cousins! On Saturday we swam all morning. Mallory and Jace are like fish. They didn't want to get out of the pool. The only way to get them out was going to the BYU and New Mexico game. We had great seats at the game (thanks Trena). Mallory and Jace loved the game. Mallory has decided she wants to be a cheerleader (just like her uncle Jed) and Jace wants to go play basketball like his dad. After that we went swimming again for several hours. The weirdest thing happened when were coming out of the elevator to going swimming. The door opens to get out and my cousin Josh Manwaring and his kids were standing there waiting for the elevator. They were also staying at Little America this weekend. It was fun to see them. We just thought it was funny of all the places to be at and we see them there. We had such a fun time. We were driving home on Sunday, and all of the sudden the front passanger window (my side) shattered. Luckily the glass didn't fall all over the place until we stopped on the side of road. We have no idea how it happened, at first I thought somebody was shooting at us. We had to drive all the way from Inkom with a blanket in the door. It could have been so much worse, if glass would have came all the way through car, it would have gone all over the kids. It is crazy how things happen like that. It makes me realize how fast things can happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great time. That is so crazy, what happened to your window! I'm glad that you are o.k. and no one was actually shooting at you!:)
Wow sounds like a ton of fun!! So funny that you guys saw Josh in SLC-they told us they were going to be there. I can't believe your window-that is horrible. I can't imagine driving without a window in the kind of weather you guys have been having!!! Fun to read about!
We to were so sad that we didn't get to hang out with you guys. I am glad you had so much fun. Anytime you get to stay in a hotel and go swimming it is really fun. How weird about your window. I bet it was freezing cold. What a scary feeling that probably was. Kate has still been asking when Mallory is comming to her house. Poor girl she hasn't realized that it won't be for awhile.
Post a Comment