Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kite flying party and Spencer Sheets B-day Party


We had our 1st annual kite flying party for Nick Baldwin's family on Saturday. (We had one every year at Grandma Baldwin's house when I was growing up--It was always so fun so I decided to do with my family) I know my husband thought it was a little weird(along with few other people)but we actually had so much fun. We laughed, ate, played games, and of course flew kites! The kids had so much fun!!(I guess that is why we really do things like this--right:)We also got to celebrate Spencer Sheets 7th birthday. He is so funny! He kept saying "This is the best day I ever had." He had a great Transformer cake(good job Michael) and lots of fun presents!

Since Idaho is so great for the wind we will be doing this each year in April so anybody that wants to join us next year let us know! (Jed--I know you are dying to come!!)

10 comments:

Camille said...

I bet Marie & boys are super sad they missed this! It looks like lots of fun!

Josh & Joni said...

We want to come! If we can't make it next year we need to follow in your footsteps and keep the tradition alive for Sue's family :) Looks like you had a wonderful time!! We miss not getting together as often ... I guess that's how it goes as everyones families grow. We look forward to the times that it still happens and if any family will make it happen it will be the Hugh & Marie Baldwin Family!!

Gini said...

What a great idea!! I think you are the queen of parties Megan, you always come up with great ideas for people to get together! You can count us in for next years party. Although I have never been able to get a kite off the ground. (two words, Oregon coast!) Maybe your Mom can help me to! Isabel is looking forward to planning the tea party with Malory.

Brian and Emily said...

I just think that is a fabulous idea....glad it was such a success! I also think it works perfectly when you have the most ideal yard for kite flying! Lucky you!

Jane said...

Way to continue the family traditions, Megan! What a lot of good memories we have of our Baldwin parties!
Aunt Jane

Emily said...

That looks like fun. You Baldwins do always have some sort of party going on! I think it is great - wish we could come next time. PS - I love the bubbles in the hot tub!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So fun!! Wish we could come. I know I've been to one of the Baldwin's kite flying parties. Glad you're keep the tradition alive. And I'm glad it wasn't snowing :)!!

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

Your blog is so fun. I had a blast in Boston and heard your cousin and maybe you are going to go with Emily? I need to come up and see my dad some time soon and will stop in and see you. I would love to see you and your family. You are all so dang cute.

Tara said...

I love Red Rover!!! Can we play that at the Erickson reunion? I say you are in charge of the activities:)

Tara said...

Oh, I noticed Sheri's comment, ya, me and Em invited ourselves out to Niki's in August/September time. I told Niki you are coming too:) Plan on it!