Sunday, April 13, 2008

Go Kansas!!

Jace was so crazy about the NCAA brackets. He was so proud of himself that he actually picked the winning team. He asked us after the game how many 6 year-olds do we think picked the champion. I would bet that he may be one of very few if any. He is excited because he won 2nd in the Erickson brackets and 2nd in the Baldwin brackets. He definitely did a lot better with his bracket than his dad did this year. (Jake was actually just being nice this year because he felt bad that he wins all of the bracket pools every year. He is a very humble person and wants everyone else to get a taste of victory so they know how he feels.)We posted a before and after video clip of Jace the night of the championship game.

We did it because we didn't do it for the Super Bowl and it was so funny then we thought we would catch it again. (Jace was so excited about the Super Bowl and wanted the Patriots to win so bad that when they lost, he just sat there pouting for an hour and would not talk.) He was about to do the same thing with 10 seconds left in the game. He was starting to pout and wasn't saying anything for the final minute of the game. Then when Kansas hit the three to tie the game, he did a complete 180 and was smiling from ear to ear. When they won he was extremely excited and started dancing and screaming like his uncle Jed as you see on the video clip.



Jace also wanted to have a "finger food" party to go along with the game. He really does not like to use utensils, so he wanted to have a dinner where everyone could just use their hands to eat. So we grilled some chicken legs, prepared a veggie tray, had some chips and pop, and popped some popcorn. We had a picnic style dinner in the family room while we watched the game.

Jace has been begging since the game to put this on the blog. He finally got Jake to do today! Good job Jake!
We had some problems with the videos. I can't get the after the game video to download.


4 comments:

Gini said...

I thought that sounded like Jake and not Megan! I'm surprized there isn't any high school stats thrown in there!

Sounds like a fun party. Good work Jace, on picking the winning team!

Nicholas and Ashley said...

Fun Party. Finger foods are the best!! March Madness is a fun time of year. Nicholas and I were both wanting Memphis so I don't know if we could have been invitied to your party Jace, but they lost:). I am guessing Mckenna wasn't invited to that party either:).

Tara said...

Too funny! I can't believe such a strong basketball attitude can be passed down through the gene pool:) Tell Jake whoever is doing the commercial about the hospital's new chef needs to be replaced. I saw that while up here at my moms, and I don't know how this guy? got signed up to do be the actor! It was quite entertaining though:)

tball said...

Yeah Jace! March Madness is quite the entertainment at our house, esp the bracket competition. Jace did an awesome job w/ his and out-did his Dad by a long shot! Ryan and Jace will always have sports to talk about...