Thursday, April 3, 2008

Birthday Fun



I
The picture of my finger in my ear is when they were singing happy birthday. I really didn't do it on purpose, my ear just itched.
I had a fun 31st birthday on Friday! Jake and I went and saw the Joseph Smith movie at the remodeled visitor center in Idaho Falls. It was so amazing! My face was purple from crying by the time we were done. It's weird, because I usually don't cry--it just really touched me. Jake even shed a few tears and that never happens. Then we came home Jake cooked dinner and had birthday cake. We put the kids to bed and watched a video. It was a great day! I actually love getting older! I had someone say that there aren't any pictures of me on my blog-- so I putting some on. I guess I am always the one taking the pictures.

14 comments:

Gini said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great day. Sorry I missed you on Sat. the kids said they had a blast playing at your house. Evan said it was so much fun swimming in your "little pool." We'll have to get together soon.

Gini said...

Sorry I wasn't finished... I love Malorys dress! soo cute. where did you find it?

Manwaring Family said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! It's been fun getting caught up on your blog :) Sorry about your rough Easter!

Emily said...

Glad you had a good birthday. I really like your hair! You look so pretty. Everyone looks so great all dressed up.

Megan said...

Hey Megan! Happy Birthday!! I just found your blog and it has been fun to catch up on your life. Your kids are really cute, I wish we had one girl but we have three boys. Trent just got out of the Navy and we are in NM. take care. Megan

Brian and Emily said...

Happy Birthday Megan! You look awesome! I am glad that you had a fun day you deserve the best! Miss ya, lets get together sometime! "One year older and wiser too, Happy Birthday to you!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!! You look great-I love your hair! Sounds like the perfect birthday to me! I also LOVE getting older-maybe in 10 years I'll feel differently??

Nicholas and Ashley said...

happy Birthday megan. You weren't tunrning red when they were singing to you were you? A fun Birthday. You have such a cute family. You look very pretty. I am too lucky to have such a great sister in law.

Allen Family said...

There you are! Good to see you. You don't look any older than high school.

Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a good day. I'm not sure I share your same sentiments on getting older, though.

Emily said...

Jake is always "bawling" I don't know what your talking about Megan. I was just wondering if Jake made Cheetos with Sunkist to drink for dinner, cuz he can only make Pancakes!

Jed

Lee Family said...

nice to see some pics of MUGS! You look great! What a good birthday. We saw the Joseph Smith movie in Sharon Vermont at his birthplace and the visitor's center there is amazing and I just don't know how anybody could go to the visitor's center there or watch that movie and not feel the divine mission of that man.

any hoot, my mom has told me like three times already that she saw you and can't believe you live right in Wapelo. Did I spell Wapelo right? I'm sure she told you about her dad's farm there that now my uncle runs.

well, I'm going for longest comment.

Emily said...

This is in response to Jake's post on our blog, since he requested some lessons on how to make funny comments, here you go. First of all it is more like Wolfgang Suck not Puck. Second, if you are proud of your gourmet cooking--Congrats, but it isn't actually that cool. Third, I am kind of embarassed that you spend your spare time reading cooking magazines and recipes learning adjectives to make everyday food sound good. Do you go to recipe and cooking parties with the relief society too? I can put you in contact with our RS activites director here, and maybe you guys can brainstorm about recipes and crafts for next months activities! Megan, sorry about your "woman" husband, I tried hard to make him tough, but aparently it didn't stick. But look on the bright side-maybe he will consider carrying your next baby for you. I heard there was a man/woman in Oregon doing it. I'm sure Jake won't have any troubles-he does already have the stretch marks, right?

Gini said...

I love how my husband has decided to take the high road on these little comment wars! I always knew that I had the best of the Erickson brothers! Hey Megan, What is your schedule like this week? We need to get together. Call/blog/email me and we'll plan something.

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

Glad you had a great birthday. You look great in all the pictures, not that I am surprised you always looked good. I agree with Nicole-you haven't aged a bit. What is your secret? And where is Wapelo? It is fun to keep in contact with the blogs. Your family is so darling.
\sherry