Monday, May 12, 2008

Sleeping???????

This is how we found Mallory asleep one night. She was sound asleep on the stair. It couldn't be that comfortable.


We have been having a difficult time with Mallory staying in her bed. She was my best sleeper after getting over the 3 months of colic. She would sleep all of the time! We took her out of her crib and into a big girl bed a month before McKenna was born and she has never been the same since. When Jace and Mallory shared a bedroom in our old house we had the hardest time getting her to sleep. She liked to hang upside down on her bed and bug Jace. Since we moved, she now has her own princess room. She goes to bed great, but staying in the bed is another thing. We have tried prizes, being really mean, and walking her back to her bed. She is actually doing better, but it has taken several nights getting out of my bed 11 or 10 times!(I actually counted) To make matters worse Jace has now decided he is too scared to sleep downstairs in his Denver Bronco's room. He is scared of everything lately! So to say the least we haven't been getting tons of sleep around our house.
By the way I am not sure why the kids have their arms up for the pictures! I think they got this pose from their Dad.

5 comments:

Gini said...

I think this is a problem for every parent. I can't believe they don't like to sleep in those cute rooms you decorated for them!

I love the picture of Mallorina sleeping on the stairs. The beds not good enough, but any other spot on the floor is fine. So much like Will!

By the way, Happy (late) Mother's Day. I hope you had a great day.

Josh & Joni said...

What fun rooms!! Oh, the sleeping sagas ....

Tara said...

Ouch that makes my neck hurt!! Love their cute rooms, who couldn't sleep in such fun beds?? Yes, I've been removed from blogger for some unknown reason to me and I'm just waiting and hoping that I'll someday get my blog back. Until then, I guess I get to leave really long comments on everyone's blogs that I check:) btw: Lewisville park is now reserved for us on the 14th...

Allen Family said...

I love seeing the random ways kids will fall asleep. I have video of Coop when he's little falling asleep in his highchair while eating a sandwich. It's fun to watch.

Sorry about the sleeping situation in general. It is the worse. I did a post a while back about Cooper moving himself to the basement several months before we had Brody and then going thru a freak-out period. We went the rounds with him just to get him to sleep in his own room back upstairs; he just wanted to be in our room. He finally got back to sleeping thru the night after a while and when the baby came, he moved himself back downstairs. They go thru so many phases.

Emily said...

For some reason Mallory sleeping on the stairs reminded me of the Office & Michael Scott sleeping on the little thing at the end of the bed...

Jace - Jed is going to be sooooooooo jealous of your new room! He will probably try to steal your blanket next time we are home!

Mal - Ava loves loves loves your room. She has a "princess" bed too. She also saw your mirror & said "Mommy no breaking that mirror again ok!" Love how she never forgets anything!