Monday, March 31, 2008

J A K E


How long have you been married? 8 years will be 9 on October 29.


How long did you date? We dated 3 years in High School/College. (Jake had lots of girls he dated during that time)2 years on our mission(I don't know if this is would be considered dating)


How old is he? 30--Yes,I am older by 9 months!


Who eats more sweets? Jake, he can eat!.


Who said I love you first? Jake. In my younger days I really had a complex about saying I love you! Now I don't have that problem. I say it at least 5 or 6 times a day.(big step for me right?)


Who is taller? Jake is 6'1 and I am 5'5. Jake gets freaked out whenever I wear high heels that make me taller. He wouldn't like it if I was taller than him.


Who can sing better? I do. He does do a mean version of the Brooks and Dunn's song "My Maria"


Who is smarter? Jake-- by a mile. I always felt that school was a struggle and it didn't come as easy for me. I really struggle with spelling and grammar (if you couldn't tell in my blogs)


Who does the laundry? I do - He will help with the folding and putting away!
Who does the dishes? Lately I do more, but Jake does his fair share of the dishes!! Thanks to his sister Susan.


Who pays the bills? I do - I just tell him about the budget and how much everything costs. Jake is very frugal. He hates spending money on clothes for him. I am not allowed to buy anymore ties or work shirts for him. I went a little crazy.


His hobbies? Roping and basketball. Back in the day before kids, we used to go roping together,but now it makes it much harder to go. I hope to rope more this summer.


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Jake--I am paranoid of being closest to the door, however even though he is closet to the door the kids always come to my side.


His guilty pleasure? Swedish fish and orange pop(the orange pop is for you Jed)
Who mows the lawn? Jake. I can honestly say I have never mowed a lawn in my life. The workers at the college always mowed our lawn when I was growing up. I am really nervous about our lawn we have now, because it is over an acre. With Jake being as busy as he is at work, I might be required to mow it now!


His best friend? Jace, Dad, brothers and of course Me!
Who cooks? I cook lunch & dinner. Jake makes breakfast. He can make the best pancakes, waffles, crepes and french toast.


Who drives? He ALWAYS drives. He thinks it is weird if the girl drives. I do have to say that I am a really good back seat driver! Jake loves it!
Who wears the pants? I think we both have a leg in the pants. Jake does let me do whatever I want, but on the other hand so does he. Jace always tells Mallory that he is #3 boss, because he is older than her. I guess that makes me #1 boss because I am the oldest.


Who kissed who? Jake--any surprise on that?


First date? I have no idea, but I would have to say it was probably roping(can you call that a date)


Who proposed? He did on a beautiful mountain side in Tetonia at sunset. I was so embarrassed because he got down on one knee, and asked me. I am not sure why I was embarrassed because there wasn't another soul around.

Who has more siblings? We both have big families. He has 3 brothers and 6 sisters. I have 3 brothers and 5 sisters.

My favorite thing about him: Jake is definitely my favorite person. He has so many favorite things about him. He makes me laugh everyday. Jake is very witty. He is a great listener. I get really chatty at night.(my friends in high school always said they felt sorry for my husband,because I can talk a lot at night time) He always listens to me no matter what time it is or what it is about. Lately my voice must be very soothing, because I have been putting him to sleep. He always puts me first and really does care about my happiness. I honestly didn' t know marriage could be this easy and happy. He is a really good dad. Our kids love their Dad. Jake is very even tempered(expect in church basketball games)He is never sad and is always upbeat and positive. I knew he was a good person when I married him, but I didn't know he was this good!
I tag anybody that wants to say something nice about their husband!

12 comments:

Tara said...

Fun answers- love the dishes response about Susan, you owe her big time:) You guys are such a cute couple with adorable kids, you need about 10 more!

Lee Family said...

Getting chatty at night. I had totally forgot about that, but that is so true. Out of no where. I remember thinking, "Why don't you talk more during the day?"

Mugs, you're awesome.

Emily said...

Okay, first of all I don't believe any of the "crap" you said about Jake. I wouldn't be suprised if Jake wrote this about himself! (Actually probably not, since there weren't any high school basketball stats mentioned!) I think I can find a picture of Jake's gross freakin' orange-plaque line across his front teeth for you to post, to give the real effect of the orange pop commment. I also want to request a "My Maria" performance on video for the blog, (We still randomly laugh at that story!) No, but Jake is a pretty good guy for being such a DORK.
Jed

Jess said...

Does Jed have much room to talk??

As the not so quiet observer I was growing up, I am impressed with how well Jake turned out. ;) Good thing Jake was smart enough to take hold of you!

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

Mugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks for finding me on my blog. I miss you. Why didn't you call me when you were in Vegas. I would love to have seen you at the rodeo-you cowgir. Anyway, your blog is so fun. Amen to Jake being smarter-he roped you and never let go-smart man. It sounds as though you are both equally awesome.
love ya, miss ya
call me or come over some time, k-bye.
sherry
But I am an early to bed goer-so no late night chats :)

Natalie said...

You are such a nice wife to say such nice things about your husband. I think you two make a fabulous pair and neither would be as good without the other!

Nicole Stucki said...

Hey Megan! I love your blog. I have been meaning to comment on it forever but every time I sit down to do it Taylor is into something I swear. Your kids are just too cute. It will be fun to get everyone together sometime so the kids can play! The answers you gave were so cute.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Fun to read about! The picture is so cute!

Nicholas and Ashley said...

Very Nice. I too love the picture it makes me miss summer. You must not have the Baldwin gene that makes you ver tired at night, because I know Nicholas does:) I guess somebody has to have it other wise you would be up all night talking.

Gini said...

I think you two are just about the cutest couple. If you can get past his hygene in high school, I think you two can get through just about anything!
Next time Jake falls asleep while you are chatting, pick up the phone and call me. I am always up late, and I think I'm pretty good at talking.

Emily said...

I'm so glad you put up this post so Jed could finally tell someone else besides me all of the things he has been wanting to write back to Jake! He wanted to write something about the first few weeks with Jake/scrubs/& the elevator @ Ogden Regional but didn't know quite how to word it...:) I can still honestly say that everytime I hear "My Maria" I laugh so hard that tears come to my eyes thinking of Jake...his poor companion must have been so scared! We miss you guys alot!!!

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

Pretty funny! I can't believe that you haven't ever mowed a lawn!!