Sunday, March 9, 2008

We are finally feeling better!!!

Mallory is ready for a basketball game. She thinks every basketball player needs to wear a headband.

McKenna loves Mallory's cowboy hat. She has a snake in her hand, but she thought it was a rope.
Jace and Carter found these Ninja Turtle costumes at Family Dollar. They were so excited they wore them for 2 days straight. They thought it was so cool!

Just because a couple of weeks ago I said to Jake " We haven't been sick all winter, we haven't had to take any kids to the doctor. Jace hasn't missed any school yet for sickness." Lesson learned! I will never say that out loud anymore! The next week I got so sick on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and really sick on Monday and Tuesday. I went to the Doctor on Monday and I had Influenza (flu). I seriously have never been so sick in my life. Usually if I do get sick I have to push right through it and keep going on, but this time I was down and out. To make matters even worse, Jace and Mallory got the flu also. I felt so sorry for them because I knew how bad I felt and for them to go through it made me sad! Jace missed 7 days of school, so to say the least it was a very long week and half. Luckily Jake wasn't sick and he took care of us! He was so nice. He made dinner every night, cleaned the house, gave medicine, did laundry, went grocery shopping and everything else I usually do. We are finally feeling better and I am so excited to get back to a normal routine! These pictures are before we got sick.

7 comments:

Emily said...

That totally sucks. I didn't realize that the flu & what everyone says is the flu are totally different. I have never seen my dad so sick as when he got the "real" flu! That really stinks you all got it - at least Jake could take care of you all. He deserves the good husband award for making dinner that whole time. I think if it happened to us we would be eating pb & honey sandwiches for a week! Glad you guys are feeling better. And in those pictures Mallory & McKenna look identical!!!

Emily said...

Sorry I wasn't done :) Also, I'm glad McKenna isn't scared of snakes like all the other Ericksons & Mallory always cracks me up with her costumes. She must change her clothes 100x a day! Last of all, Ava thought Jace's costume was sooooo funny. She just sat here giggling at the pictures. She definitely misses her cousins!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So glad you guys are feeling better. Boy, you really did get wiped out!! I couldn't believe how sick Ash's fam got also!! Glad there are those good dads to take care of everyone! Hopefully NO more illness!!

Nicholas and Ashley said...

That was a bad sickness. I am glad you guys are all back. Oh Mckenna and Jake were the lucky ones out of the group. Very cute pictures Funny funny kids.

Gini said...

I'm so glad you guys are feeling better. It's awful when the little ones get sick, thank goodness McKenna didn't get it! I love the pictures of the boys in the ninja turtle costumes, Will is way jealous! he keeps saying "I want that inja turtle, that's awesome!!" If you find anymore let me know.

Tara said...

I am loving Mallory in her basketball uniform- she looks so serious! If she's anything like Jake, you better look out:) Glad you guys are feeling better, that must've been a heck of a time! I'm impressed with Jake, but honestly, I wouldn't expect less, what a great guy! Let's plan on the Erickson reunion that weekend in June, I'm already formulating ideas in my head! j/k I think we should just brainstorm and come up with some fun things that everyone can do...email me your ideas at coopertnc@hotmail.com

Brian and Emily said...

I am SO glad that you all are feeling better! It seems that spring is in the air, we'll have to get together soon and let the kids play! I love your blog it is so cute!