Monday, October 27, 2008

9 years already!!!!

Yes-I am going to brag about Jake, for those of you that don't want to read on or don't believe this about Jake please don't read! (Jed-I am not making this up)

Jake and I have been married for 9 years now! I can't believe how fast time has gone. It has been such a great 9 years. Before we were married I had pictured how it would be being married to Jake.(given that we dated for 5 years, I had a long time to think about it) but I honestly never knew that I could be so happy. Jake is such a great person, that totally understands me.(well-- most of the time)He works & provides for our family so well.


For an early Anniversary present, we got to go to Jackson Hole for 3 days. We had so much fun!! We had a really nice room at a resort in Jackson.(he had work meetings so we didn't even have to pay!) Thanks to G&G Baldwin & Ashley(Nicholas wife) for watching them one night, and thanks to Grandma Erickson for coming to our house to watch them for the other night. We could relax knowing they were in good hands. We did miss the kids, but we did enjoy just being us. We went to some nice restaurants(we ate Buffalo Prime Rib) and went to a play.(Jake loved the play!!!!)


Tonight for our "real" anniversary date, we went to the temple and did some sealings. It was a great reminder of our day we got married.(minus the really embarrassing kiss across the alter--for those who don't remember we just gave a tiny peck and I jerked my head away so fast, that Jake was frozen in the kissing motion with his eyes closed. Everyone in the sealing room laughed. I was way embarrassed! (I still leave him hanging like) Then we went to the temple cafeteria to eat prime rib & chicken. We laughed when it only cost 14.75 for both of dinners.(the babysitter cost more than our dinner)

I am so glad for my husband and the person that he is. He definitely makes me laugh almost everyday. He has such an easy going disposition and never gets mad about anything(expect Denver Broncos games & church basketball)He really is the greatest! I better stop now, because Jed won't believe anything else I say.






We really don't have any pictures together, we had Mallory take this one with his blackberry.

5 comments:

Emily said...

The wedding kiss is really funny. I don't know if Jed knows about that so he will think it is really funny. We think you guys are great & love hanging out with you guys because it is obvious that you get along great. Jed says that you are the only one that thinks Jake is funny & actually laughs with him instead of at him - that is why you get a long so great. I think you guys make a great couple. Happy 9 yrs! (That seems like forever!)

mandy said...

Happy Anniversary! What nice posts--so sweet that you both wrote one.

Emily said...

I think the only thing that I believe is the fact that Jake really loved the play!! That doesn't surprise me at all. Congrats..Jed

Gini said...

You two really are the cutest couple. Anyone would be lucky to have a marriage like you two.

The whole wedding kiss was really funny! Didn't the sealer say something like, your not suppose to pull away from your husband like that. (I know I'm not getting it exactly right, but it was something like that. give me a break, it's been 9 years!)

How did you get Jake to a play?!! You need to share some of your secrets with me. You seem to know how to persuade your Erickson better than I do. On second thought, never mind, I don't think I want to know!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to finally see a picture of you Megan! This is the first one I have seen! I miss you guys so much! I know I say that all the time, but it's so true!