Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Anniversary

This is the first time I have created a post, so I hope it works. I am trying to surprise Megan, so surprise Megan!!! It is our anniversary today and I just wanted to publically tell Megan how much I love and appreciate her. When I think about having been married for nine years, I cannot believe it. I still feel like I should be getting up tomorrow morning and going to class at Rigby High School. (If you ask Megan, I still act like I should be doing that) But in all honesty, I have truly loved the time we have been married. She is such a great companion and helps me progress. She has always been so supportive of everything that I do (except any type of competitive basketball games, and watching footbal on Sundays). But other than that, I have really had it easy. She makes life so fun and exciting. She is the best mother in the entire world (next to mine). She really has a way with our children and I am so grateful that she is able to be at home with them to teach them the things they need to know. I am grateful that she is so willing to enable me to pursue a career that at times requires a lot of hours away from home. She is always so supportive and happy to see me when I get home. She makes it so nice for me. I do not know how she can accomplish everything that she does in a day and I would not trade jobs with her. She is truly an amazing woman in every way. I am very lucky to have somehow talked her into marrying me and even more lucky to have somehow kept her happy enough to stay with me these nine years. I love how strong she is in the church and how her strong testimony helps our little family become closer to our heavenly father. Meg, I just want to let you know how much I truly love and appreciate you and look forward to the rest of our lives together. We have had a wonderful anniversary and I hope that this little note demonstrates how much I love and care for you. (I also hope it helps out with the rest of the anniversary night!!!!)


I am posting a picture that I have always loved of us together. It is a picture Megan and I roping together at a competition in Winnenemucca, Nevada the summer before I left on my mission. I had this picture framed and took it with me on my mission. This picture has been on the walls of several Venezuelan apartments (if you can call some of them apartments) It reminds me of how much fun we have always had together no matter what we do. When showed Mallory this picture, she could not believe that mommy was a roper. (she did want to know if that was grandma and grandpa in the background watching us) Megan has been so busy with the kids and taking cafe of me, that she has not roped in a couple of years. I am definately going to make her rope next summer because our kids do not even know what a great talent she has. Megan I love you!!! You're the best!!


7 comments:

Emily said...

Jake that is so nice of you to write a love note to Megan. We are all so happy that you still like each other after 9 yrs! Ava liked the roping picture - she said it was her & Kasen though. It does kinda' look like John & Coleen in the background. Hope you guys had a great day!

Damien and Ashley said...

Good job Jake! That is so nice of you to do for Megan! She is the best! Your post made me laugh-you are so funny! I agree with Emily...it does look like J & C...:)

Emily said...

Pretty impressive Jake, I didn't know you even knew had to log into the blog, let alone put up a post. I could have done w/o some of the anniversary comments, but congrats!! I have no idea how Megan can live with you. If I was her I would have left you "hangin" right there at the alter with your lips poking out. By the way, I don't know if I could have taken a picture around for 11 years that I knew I missed the steer on for my future wife! How does that make you feel?

Gini said...

Jake, who knew you could be so sweet and sensitive?! Seriously, that is a really sweet token for your anniversary. Congrats on nine years!

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

Wow! impressive Jake! Very nice comments from both of you. you are pretty lucky Jake! Congrats.

Emily said...

By the way that 2nd comment was from Jed -

Nicholas and Ashley said...

Very sweet, I didn't think I would stop crying while I read it. You guys are so good together and amke such a fun couple. And Yes Megan is an amazing person and mother Congratulations on your guy anniversary. I bet Jake scored some big points with this post Good job Jake. I too want to see Megan rope I would be amazed!!!