Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Canning, canning & more canning

McKoy, Mallory, McKenna, and Carter are such great helpers. We were sad Jace had to go to school and miss all the fun.


We have been able to can lots of peaches, pears and apples! We are excited to add yummy, applesauce, pie filling , peach & pears to our food storage. Thanks to my wonderful Mother who is so kind to help and let us use her kitchen. She does double the work I do. It does take a long time to do the work, but it so worth it. Plus being able to do the work with, mom, Ashley & all the kids makes the time go by fast!


The crew working so hard. My dad always to seems to get volunteered somehow. He & my mom have lots of patience with us all

9 comments:

Tyler said...

Applesauce! We were just about to make some ourselves...any secrets.

Our infrequently updated blog is at olsonscribbles.blogspot.com

Dave n Bre plus thr3e! :o) said...

YUM!! Way to go, I am so impressed!! Love the cute pics!

Nicholas and Ashley said...

Those apples were especially yummy!!! I have also loved having your Mother help us!!! She is a great teacher that is very willing to help. I keep forgetting to leave comments on your blog. I love all the new pictures!!! I am sad I missed girls weekend it look lilke you guys had lots of fun, i for sure would have loved the going out to eat part:).We are excited to see you guys soon, Also I would like to use your cords to the camara if you wouldn't mind?

Fairytale Foto's by Melanie said...

OK those pictures actually make work look fun! Thanks for leaving us a message. It is so fun to read everyones blogs and catch up!!!

Amber McArthur said...

I love the picture of "cheesy" McKenna! She looks like she is just loving life being around all her cousins and grandma and grandpa. Keep on smiling Mac!

tball said...

Wow Megan, you guys have been busy canning! The pics reminded me of us canning as kids...esp LOTs of peaches and sticky corn. (Minus the dad-in-the-kitchen part though) Not sure if the boys got that experience or not.
Hope you guys are doing good...

Tara said...

very impressive! i've never ventured making applesauce, it looks too hard:) i stick to peaches/pickles/tomatoes. you'll have to tell me it's easy as pie right? how fun everyone is helping!

Emily said...

We should've had a whole Baldwin cousin's party to do this! I know I could've used the lessons and the food storage. Your parents are just the best!

mandy said...

I can witness first hand how much work applesauce is. I love seeing the pictures of your whole family pitching in!